Tobago Car Rental Terms & Conditions
Rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier. The standard Terms & Conditions of each supplier are detailed below. You will be asked to sign a Rental Agreement and acceptance of these terms on delivery or receipt of your vehicle.
We constantly monitor the performance of our suppliers and may occasionally feel it in your interest to transfer the reservation to another supplier. It may not be possible to notify you before arrival, so must reserve the right to do so without prior notice.
The following major clauses apply, but are not restricted to, each of the vehicle rental agency firms that we deal with on a regular basis.
- Insurance: The daily/weekly car rental rates include third party coverage only! Additional Collision Damage Waiver coverage (basic or full CDW) is optional and subject to a respective daily surcharge.
- Driver Qualifications: All drivers must be 25 years of age or over and have at least two years driving experience. Please notify us, when making the reservation, if you or any other driver has had their driver's licence revoked or suspended within the previous three years.
- Driving Licences: Your driving licence will be inspected on delivery of the vehicle. Please ensure that you, and anyone else that wishes to drive the vehicle, has this available. Do not rely upon International Driving Permits.
- Vehicle Type: The supplier will always do their best to provide you with the specified vehicle, but reserves the right to substitute another similar vehicle of equivalent or better specification.
- Rental Period: All rentals are on a 24-hour basis. In other words, if you hire a vehicle for one day and the rental vehicle is delivered/collected at 9am, then it must be returned by 9am the following day.
- Deposits: Some rental agencies require a deposit against damage to the vehicle (tyres, soft top of jeeps, radio etc.) even when the client has taken out full CDW insurance. When paying by credit card, the rental agreement will allow them to apply the charge for any such loss/damage directly to your credit card. If paying by cash or travellers cheques, you will be required to pay the deposit in the same manner. The deposit policy of those rental agencies that we deal with are as follows:
KJ Rentals - no deposit
Sheppy's from TT$1,500.00 (and up (depending on type of vehicle) cash or credit card
Thrifty's, KCNN - no deposit if clients take full CDW coverage
Sherman's - US$500 deposit even if clients take full CDW coverage
Car Rental Agency Terms & Conditions
Please contact us if you require clarification of any point, or further information.